FULL SHOW NOTES:
Summary: International travelers generally choose Vienna & Salzburg as their "must visit" destinations in Austria. But, the historic summer capital, Innsbruck has a lot more to offer the food, fun and adventure seeker than you'd expect. We eat spleen soup, grey cheese, strudel, and other traditional Tyrolean dishes. Plus we visit the epic Hofburg Palace.
- History of Strudel
- Lots of sausage! Even Sausage with cheese in.
- We sit down to dinner with Peter from Innsbruck tourism to discuss history and food of Innsbruck and Austria
- You won't always find the most unique dishes on the English menu
- We try some of the more unusual local foods including a spleen soup and grey cheese in oil and vinegar
- We visit the historic Hofburg palace
- Kase Spatzle is yum!
- Winter and summer activities in Innsbruck
- The traditional microwbrew scene in Austria
- Festivals and jazz in Innsbruck